P.O. Box 235 (Mailing)
800 Park Street (Physical)
Charlestown, Indiana 47111
Business Phone: (812) 256-6202
Business Fax: (812) 256-2094
Who We Are:
The Charlestown Volunteer Fire Department INC. was organized in 1953 and is a 501-C-3 or "Not for Profit" self governed, owned, and operated organization. The Charlestown Volunteer Fire Department INC. is contracted with the Charlestown-Oregon Townships Fire Protection District Board in protecting all of the Charlestown Township district, as well as the southern western portion of Oregon Township. The protection district totals to the size of 80 square miles in central Clark County Indiana.
Station #91: (Headquarters)
Station #91 is located on Park Street (one block East of "Market Street" State Road 3) in Charlestown. Station #91 serves as Headquarters for the Department in which It houses our Business Offices, Meeting and Training room. Station #91 opened in 1953 and its primary response is the city limits of Charlestown as well as the rest of our Fire Protection District, and is the first station to respond mutual aid to Sellersburg Fire Department, Monroe Township Fire Department (Henryville) (Southeast District), and Borden Fire Department.
Station #92 is located approximately five miles North of Charlestown in the unincorporated community of Otisco, Indiana. Station #92 opened in 1994 and covers the Northern portion of our Fire Protection District. Station #92 is the first station to respond mutual aid to Monroe Township Fire Department (Henryville) (Northeast District), New Washington Fire Department (Northwest District), as well as Scott County Fire Departments.
Station #93 is located on the perimeter of the River Ridge Commerce Center, formerly the Indiana Army Ammunition Plant. Station #93 opened in 2004 and covers the Southwestern portion of our Fire Protection District, which includes the "River Ridge Commerce Center", the "Charlestown State Park and Boat Ramp", and the "Charlestown Industrial Park". Station #93 is the first station to respond mutual aid to Jeffersonville Fire Department, Utica Township Fire Department, and Clarksville Fire Department.
Station #94 is located on State Road 62 approximately five miles East of Charlestown. Station #94 opened in 2002 and covers the Northeastern portion of our Fire Protection District including "River's Edge Marina", and the "Mulzer's Crush Stone Quarry". Station #94 is the first station to respond mutual aid to the New Washington Fire Department (Southeast District), as well as Jefferson County (Indiana) Fire Departments.